Never good enough
I've always written down my personal thoughts & hide the paper/diary around my room/tear+throw it away.
But somehow prying eyes always seem to get hold of them.
& Just like how betrayed I felt a few years back
When it was revealed(by accident on their part) that I don't deserve any privacy at all,
with the excuse of them being concerned.
& hoho, I realised my blog ain't read by them
So it might be harmless to put some thoughts here afterall.
Or perhaps, maybe not, okay just a little.
*breathes in*
I never liked holidays. Other than the more outings with my friends & perhaps more time for myself, holidays are irritating.
Because it spells that I am supposed to go get a job, slog my life out throughout the whole holiday period & attempt to earn as much $$ as possible. Off-days if taken would be considered(to them) as me slacking & simply being irresponsible.
& Now that I am not working(officially quit my boring & meaningless job on 28 Feb), I am just told that I am actually a disgrace to them.
Disgrace, how strong a word, how hurtful. Because I've never done anything great enough to show that I'm good.
I've never won a prize in music(haven't I said, I've always wanted to learn how to dance ballet & play the piano?) or sports(I was never the sporty kind when I was younger though), or did good enough in studies(I'm always being compared with my cousin(was it because we have the same birthday?), who is pretty, good in sports, loved & very smart- I think she just beat me hands-down for 'A's).
& now, because I've been slacking at home & that she's gotten a job, I'm comparably useless.
No, absolutely useless.
Don't they know that I enjoy my life so much now(lazing around?)- spending time with friends, having time to myself, quiet times of reading & finding out more about God, rather than waking up to rush off to some faraway office, slog myself out for many hours, earning a mediocre pay(which I never seem to receive, not yet- the companies I've worked for seem to process pay very slowly), going home yet to repeat the cycle over & over- with no personal freedom/time for self & others.
Yet perhaps this is the only way to please them, some monotonous, live-to-work life.
Or perhaps I'm really naive & that this is really the way to live.
Not a life of loving God, loving people, loving life
(or was that just my own excuse of being lazy?)
But a dogmatic, practical life of worldly pursuits of cash, paper chase & the world-defined 'success'?
Disgrace.
I secretly envy almost all of my close friends' lives. Which would most probably be you, reading this page. Most, I filter off those who aren't close, haha.
P.S. I am okay, okay? Just slightly upset & needed to get things off.
P.P.S. I want an MP3 ASAP.
P.P.P.S. I don't have time to do up the site(Restrictions on computer usage). ARGH!!!!! another disappointment, to self, to everyone. I'll do my best...
But somehow prying eyes always seem to get hold of them.
& Just like how betrayed I felt a few years back
When it was revealed(by accident on their part) that I don't deserve any privacy at all,
with the excuse of them being concerned.
& hoho, I realised my blog ain't read by them
So it might be harmless to put some thoughts here afterall.
Or perhaps, maybe not, okay just a little.
*breathes in*
I never liked holidays. Other than the more outings with my friends & perhaps more time for myself, holidays are irritating.
Because it spells that I am supposed to go get a job, slog my life out throughout the whole holiday period & attempt to earn as much $$ as possible. Off-days if taken would be considered(to them) as me slacking & simply being irresponsible.
& Now that I am not working(officially quit my boring & meaningless job on 28 Feb), I am just told that I am actually a disgrace to them.
Disgrace, how strong a word, how hurtful. Because I've never done anything great enough to show that I'm good.
I've never won a prize in music(haven't I said, I've always wanted to learn how to dance ballet & play the piano?) or sports(I was never the sporty kind when I was younger though), or did good enough in studies(I'm always being compared with my cousin(was it because we have the same birthday?), who is pretty, good in sports, loved & very smart- I think she just beat me hands-down for 'A's).
& now, because I've been slacking at home & that she's gotten a job, I'm comparably useless.
No, absolutely useless.
Don't they know that I enjoy my life so much now(lazing around?)- spending time with friends, having time to myself, quiet times of reading & finding out more about God, rather than waking up to rush off to some faraway office, slog myself out for many hours, earning a mediocre pay(which I never seem to receive, not yet- the companies I've worked for seem to process pay very slowly), going home yet to repeat the cycle over & over- with no personal freedom/time for self & others.
Yet perhaps this is the only way to please them, some monotonous, live-to-work life.
Or perhaps I'm really naive & that this is really the way to live.
Not a life of loving God, loving people, loving life
(or was that just my own excuse of being lazy?)
But a dogmatic, practical life of worldly pursuits of cash, paper chase & the world-defined 'success'?
Disgrace.
I secretly envy almost all of my close friends' lives. Which would most probably be you, reading this page. Most, I filter off those who aren't close, haha.
P.S. I am okay, okay? Just slightly upset & needed to get things off.
P.P.S. I want an MP3 ASAP.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home