KIV the 'dreams' post
Just wanna share some things I heard from my mentor Chesterm yesterday. He was sharing about this famous American athelete 'Steve Prefontaine', some background...
... & I wrote down one of the quotes said:
'To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.'
-Steve Prefontaine
Went to check out more Prefontaine quotables
'Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,'
and I just took off.'
-Steve Prefontaine
Simply put:

'Changing mindsets, it begins with a decision.'
-Chinchilla (Yours truly)
(Awesome. It's rare that I say something motivating, that made 4 people 'like'. Will I get patent for this quotable quote? Haha. But then again, was it the front part of my quotable quote that they like, or the second half? Give me the benefit of doubt, I take it as they like BOTH. :P )
Decisions leads to a better change yes, but that's like an utopic situation isn't it.
I made a decision to study hard, get straight 'A's & get into uni, but I failed to do so because...
I made a decision to do it better this time round, but I failed to do so because...
I made a decision to give up, but I failed to do so because...
But. The obstacle that stops us from getting what we want. The brick wall.
"Brick walls are there for a reason. They let us prove how badly we want
things."
Dawn shared about 'brick walls'(obstacles that deter us from what we want) yesterday & it hit me, that the brick wall is what makes you different from the person next to you who wants the same thing.
Many of us gave up when the brick walls hit us. But how many of us possess the courage & strength to break down the wall & to obtain what's behind it? And the next wall, and the next wall, and the next...
How badly do I want success? How badly do I want to achieve my dreams?
& I remember something Hope shared with me before- 'We don't succeed because(of good things that happen to us/luck/fate), but we succeed despite(of the obstacles/brick walls that deter us from doing so)'.

Life is a race in itself
& I'm gonna run hard, very hard.
FIGHT for your DREAMS! (:
At least you know you gave your best. Don't sacrifice your gift...
P.S. I think there won't be a specific 'dreams' post, shall just add in snippets here & there. (: Watch this space!
P.P.S. Most of the time, only I can understand what I am typing. So please tell me if it sounds weird or wrong structure or I can't bring my point across, so that I can improve on my english & communication skills~ Thanks! (:
P.P.P.S. Very zonked now, haven't been sleeping well for the past few nights. Shall get a good rest & also plan my schedule ahead. *Christmas is coming*~!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home