I want to be a student...
I want to touch pencils & paper & books
& lecture notes & go to school
& study with my friends
& walk around familiar school environments
& get allowances
Not facing laptops the whole day
& dealing with office & business stuff
& getting troubled over my finances
& being thrown into independence
& being different from most of my peers
Somehow I feel forced into the workforce(pun, lol)
Just because I can't fit into the education system
Why, why didn't I study harder?!
Why didn't I stay focused during college? ):
Well I could get into uni
But I just refused to go into the one most of my college friends are at
Applied for a private school
Supposed to start school in Sept
But first sem fees too high so I deferred
Okay just that occasional rants
But the good part is, I get PAID :D for working
Which is more than my allowance of course
Like, >5 times?
Wee~
Haven't minus the debts that I have incurred though
But more or less I can break even next month
Yet then again
My contract ends in Dec
Low chance of company extending my term
So there goes,
The frenzy of finding a new job again
& The huge risk of not finding one
& dwindling all my savings to zero again
*Heaves SIGH ):
Of course
It's inevitable to be in the workforce
Ain't that where I will be at after uni anyway?
I just took the shortcut
HAHAHA
Though now the pay for a uni grad may be higher than mine
I have more experience
Stepping stone to higher grounds~
Rather to have a little experience
Then being good in studies but know nothing about working life
Too sheltered, in other words
I'd be a nerdy little girl (8
Shall do my best to get into uni
For the sake of the piece of paper degree
Because that seems to be becoming a common denominator
But if I can't join the paper chase, so be it
What's gna make me stand out from the rest? (:
Forced to grow up too fast
Feels really tired sometimes
But it's worth it, it's worth it
Whatever it is,
God has the perfect plan for my life! (:
I'm excited for the future. (:
Still wna go to uni though, hahaha. Chinchilla's little dream since Primary school. (:
P.S./
SMU applications are opened till 8 April 2010
Considerations in re-applying (:
Although it was the first school to reject me last year
Hahaha.
P.P.S./
Aviation Run on Saturday! Going with the guys! Excited! But don't think I can ever catch up with them because I haven't trained for ages -.-
P.P.P.S./
I don't see my Twitter updates showing(above). Does anyone share the same problem?
P.P.P.P.S./
I don't usually type in this way (fragmented thoughts), just in case my readers get irritated & stop reading my space. Nah just joking. Hahaha.
Is this type of 'fragmented' typing easier to read, or the normal 'chinchilla goes on & on blabbering' easier to read? (:
Comments welcomed! Hahaha.
& lecture notes & go to school
& study with my friends
& walk around familiar school environments
Not facing laptops the whole day
& dealing with office & business stuff
& getting troubled over my finances
& being thrown into independence
& being different from most of my peers
Somehow I feel forced into the workforce(pun, lol)
Just because I can't fit into the education system
Why, why didn't I study harder?!
Why didn't I stay focused during college? ):
Well I could get into uni
But I just refused to go into the one most of my college friends are at
Applied for a private school
Supposed to start school in Sept
But first sem fees too high so I deferred
Okay just that occasional rants
But the good part is, I get PAID :D for working
Which is more than my allowance of course
Like, >5 times?
Wee~
Haven't minus the debts that I have incurred though
But more or less I can break even next month
Yet then again
My contract ends in Dec
Low chance of company extending my term
So there goes,
The frenzy of finding a new job again
& The huge risk of not finding one
& dwindling all my savings to zero again
*Heaves SIGH ):
Of course
It's inevitable to be in the workforce
Ain't that where I will be at after uni anyway?
I just took the shortcut
HAHAHA
Though now the pay for a uni grad may be higher than mine
I have more experience
Stepping stone to higher grounds~
Rather to have a little experience
Then being good in studies but know nothing about working life
Too sheltered, in other words
I'd be a nerdy little girl (8
Shall do my best to get into uni
For the sake of the piece of paper degree
Because that seems to be becoming a common denominator
But if I can't join the paper chase, so be it
What's gna make me stand out from the rest? (:
Forced to grow up too fast
Feels really tired sometimes
But it's worth it, it's worth it
Whatever it is,
God has the perfect plan for my life! (:
I'm excited for the future. (:
Still wna go to uni though, hahaha. Chinchilla's little dream since Primary school. (:
P.S./
SMU applications are opened till 8 April 2010
Considerations in re-applying (:
Although it was the first school to reject me last year
Hahaha.
P.P.S./
Aviation Run on Saturday! Going with the guys! Excited! But don't think I can ever catch up with them because I haven't trained for ages -.-
P.P.P.S./
I don't see my Twitter updates showing(above). Does anyone share the same problem?
P.P.P.P.S./
I don't usually type in this way (fragmented thoughts), just in case my readers get irritated & stop reading my space. Nah just joking. Hahaha.
Is this type of 'fragmented' typing easier to read, or the normal 'chinchilla goes on & on blabbering' easier to read? (:
Comments welcomed! Hahaha.

3 Comments:
i understand how you feel... & i prefer it to be in sentences! :D hee! SEE YOU SOON :DDDD
kelly!
try for social science and info com for smu(: MUCH HIGHER CHANCE! (:
hey wan chin, this is wan li. chanced upon ur blog :)
anyway, i am ALSO working now so might as well give u my two cents' worth.
working NOW isnt that bad like what u've mentioned. we gotta get something good (other than, well, the PAY!) outta the job. like the experience, the ability to handle office (and other types of) politics better & hence protecting (and expecting) urself from it in the future, GIVE URSELF A BREAK FROM ALL THE CONSTANT studying/tests/exmas. the woes of waking up early and freaking over the project/assignment deadlines.
im totally happy now.
Make best use of the situation that is bestowed on you.
always think that you're fortunate in a way cos many others DONT EVEN get to study in uni, while you HAVE the CHOICE & ABILITY.
rmb econs? "the willingness and ability...." in this case, its you.
Take care & drink more water! :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home